- Nationality: U.S.A.
- Citizenship: U.S.A.
- Born: September 11, 1947 Toledo, Ohio
- Education: Bachelor of Science, U. of Washington 1973 Oceanography
- 1995-Present - President, Geoprobe Inc., Houston, TX
- China Consultant, Apache Corporation, Houston, TX
Advised Apache China executive and managers on Chinese protocol during crucial meetings and social functions with Chinese officials.
Supervised matters of security, travel, living, and entertainment for these officials during their stay in Houston.
- HTML Consultant, M.W. Kellogg Company, Houston, TX
Assisting Kellogg in the implementation of their company-wide intranet, writing html documents and training Kellogg personnel in html.
- Decades of on-call consultations focused on oceanography, geotechnics, and exploration/production onshore and offshore.
- 2014-2015 Business Development Manager, Oil & Gas, Parsons Environmental and Infrastructure, Houston TX
Reporting to Exec V-P in Pasadena CA, responsible for business development of EPC/EPCM and environmental engineering services
to the oil and gas industry. In 8 months secured a EEPMC contract with Kinder Morgan for engineering, environmental, project
management, and consulting services. Introduced the new Parsons Oil and Gas Group to ExxonMobil, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Marathon,
ChevronPhillips, Phillips 66, Duke Energy, Pacific Gas and Electric, and others.
- 2013-2014 Global Business Development Manager, Geospatial Services Oil & Gas, Fugro EarthData, Inc., Houston TX
Responsible for driving global business development of Fugro geospatial services, interfacing with the various geospatial teams
worldwide and leveraging global network of oil and gas operators and contractors.
- 2009-2013 Director of Business Development, N.America and Asia Pacific, Hutchinson Offshore (Division of Total France),
Responsible for business development in the offshore energy business sector offering solutions in the control of motion, vibration,
shock and sealing. Annual sales of this group exceeds US$4 billion.
(See Hutchinson website).
- Increase of sales of 300% - $17 million in sales
- Opened two new Asian markets
- Engaged two new agent representatives in Philippines and Thailand
- 2004-2009 Business Development Manager, Exponent, Inc., Menlo Park CA
Responsible for developing business in the energy and petrochemical sectors. Exponent is a publicly traded company with over 800 employees
in 18 regional offices, headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area. The company provides broad technological and scientific
services across a wide sector of businesses, including fire/explosion, human factors, toxicology, air quality, mechanics and materials,
(See Exponent website).
- Opened the LNG market resulting in over $1MM sales the first year.
- Arranged presentations and introductions to major oil and gas companies and increased industry recognition over 300%.
- 1996-2004 Business Development Manager, INTEC Engineering, Houston, TX
Responsible for coordination of worldwide business development within INTEC offices in Houston, Delft, Kuala Lumpur, Buenos Aires,
and Perth. Areas of technical expertise: deepwater oil/gas field development, marine pipelines and risers, subsea and floating
production systems, offshore terminals, onshore pipelines and facilities, and flow assurance/operability. Concept to Completion
scope, including conceptual studies, preliminary engineering, detail engineering, procurement, QA/QC, project management,
and installation supervision. In later years INTEC Engineering merged with SEA Engineering and was acquired by WorleyParsons.
(See INTEC Engineering website).
- 1994-1995 Vice President / General Manager Asia, Eureka Int'l, Beijing, P.R. China
Brought a Western trading firm to the China market. Within four months this firm became one of the top suppliers of Boeing aircraft
parts and tooling to Chinese airlines operating in China. Instituted trade agreements for import of technical equipment and services
in China, including mining equipment and parts, and export of aluminum ore, alumina, and bauxite from China. Introduced U.S.
engineering firms to decision makers in Hunan, Shanxi, and Guangdong Provinces involved in major World-Bank funded construction
- 1991-1994 Deputy General Manager / Procurement Director, Petrocorp Exploration China, Ltd., Guangzhou, P.R. China
- Managed the first foreign-operated exploration venture onshore mainland China. Negotiated and procured all contracts on
this exploration program including seismic surveying, drilling, aeromagnetic surveys, geological investigations, seismic data
purchases and seismic data processing. Managed exploration operations in Hunan Province, including seismic, permitting, drilling site
preparation, and environmental concerns.
- Organized, staffed, managed, and administered office in Guangzhou, P.R. China. Responsible for adhering to employment laws of
Guangdong Province, and various taxation issues.
- Conducted onsite evaluations of drilling, drilling service, and seismic capabilities at major oilfields throughout China. These
visits were conducted to ascertain capabilities of Chinese state-run organizations prior to procuring drilling and seismic services
from these entities.
- Acted as environmental representative, preparing environmental impact statements in accordance with Chinese national and provincial law.
- Managed oilfield production feasibility studies conducted by in-house personnel and consultants. Accompanied these experts on
field trips to the Hunan Province exploration concession.
- Established dedicated satellite communications link between drilling rig in Hunan Province and Guangzhou operations office.
Established office LAN system and interfaced with international Internet link for interoffice e-mail connection between offices in
Wellington New Zealand, Jakarta, and Guangzhou.
- Participated in all meetings with Chinese co-venturers, government officials, joint management committees, and was Petrocorp's
official representative at monthly meetings of China petroleum operators.
- Served as warden for the American Consulate General in Guangzhou, P.R. China. Was an integral member of the American Businessman's
Association of Guangzhou (ABAG) in interfacing with local Chinese government officials to promote American business and trade with
China and Guangdong Province.
- 1978-1991 President / General Manager, Oceanprobe, Inc., Houston, TX
Administered and managed this highly specialized ocean-related technological service company that dominated worldwide markets for a
Conducted seafloor mapping, geophysical, hydrographic, and geotechnical investigations for oil companies, governmental agencies, and
engineering firms. Developed new methods of automated data logging and hydrographic data acquisition and processing. While running
this Houston-based business, personally accomplished the following:
- Planned and supervised over 100 reconnaissance and 3-D seismic surveys worldwide.
- Planned and supervised the first privately contracted underwater EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) operation. Located and
rendered safe 10 underwater Russian-manufactured bottom-laying acoustic/magnetic influence mines in Egypt's Gulf of Suez for Conoco.
- Planned and supervised pipeline route surveys in Mobile Bay, Strait of Messina Italy, offshore California, Alaska, and Mexico.
- Planned and supervised semi-submersible drilling rig moves in Gulf of Siam, offshore Palawan and Negros Island Philippines,
and Gulf of Suez Egypt.
- Planned and supervised conventional and heliportable seismic programs in Dubai, Spanish Pyrenees, Egypt's Western Desert,
Western Australia, and Sumatra Indonesia.
- Conducted offshore archeological investigations at Cape Canaveral Florida, and Gulf of Corinth Greece.
- Managed 1-year oceanographic study of coastline of Alexandria, Egypt for ocean outfall feasibility study.
- Managed 6-month oceanographic study of Suez Canal and Mediterranean environs for ocean outfall feasibility study.
- Assisted and supervised seafloor wellhead imaging efforts with Red Adair's wild well emergency team in Bay of Campeche, Mexico in subduing the Ixtoc blowout.
- Planned and supervised coastal zone and beach renourishment studies throughout most of Florida's Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico coasts for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 6 Florida counties, four major Florida cities, and 4 architect-engineering firms.
- Assessed EOD tasks in Iraq's Sha'at al Arab waterway and Faw Peninsula after cessation of Iran-Iraq war.
- 1975-1977 Oceanographer / Geophysicist, Western Geophysical Co. of America, Houston, TX
Participated in geochemical and geophysical surveys aboard Gulf Oil's research vessel M/V Hollis Hedberg in Gulf of Mexico, Pacific
Ocean, Gulf of Alaska, and Bering Sea. Assisted in experiments with seismic sources including ultra-large (10,000 cu.in.) high
pressure air gun, marine vibrators, and various other types of energy sources. Positioned survey vessels by satellite navigation,
radio navigation, and doppler sonar methods. Prepared proposal to government of Iran for oceanographic study of the Iranian coastline.
- 1973-1975 Oceanographer, World Health Organization, NATO, and U. of Washington, Athens, Greece
A key participant in the first full spectrum oceanographic study of Greece's Saronic Gulf. Assisted in the founding of Greece's
national institute of oceanography (IOKAE-EKTHE)